Water chestnut & Tofu Salad
- ¼ kg Water chestnuts, peeled and steamed
- ¼ kg Tofu, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups Lettuce leaves
- 4-5 fresh ripe Strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp. roasted Peanuts, semi crushed
Ingredients for the Soy peanut Dressing
- 3 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. grounded Peanut powder
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Thai sweet chili sauce
- 100 ml. Water
Directions for the dressing
- In a small pan, heat the soy sauce on a very low flame, add the peanut powder, salt, sugar, and incorporate it all into the soy.
- Keep stirring and add sweet chili sauce and water.
- Cool and keep aside.
- (Adjust the water consistency as per your requirements)
Directions for the salad
- Place the salad greens in a large salad bowl.
- Pour 60% of the salad dressing and mix it well with the salad leaves.
- Transfer all of it to a salad serving dish or bowl.
- Add tofu, water chestnuts, and strawberries.
- Drizzle the rest of the dressing and garnish with peanuts.