Tomato Basil soup
Serves: 2-3 bowls
- 5 cups of ripe Tomato, diced
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 10-15 Basil leaves
- 2 pods of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 black Pepper kernels
- 2 tsp. fresh Cream (Optional)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 3 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- In a cooking pot, heat the olive oil and add the onions, garlic and ginger, sauté until the onions are soft and pink.
- Add the tomatoes, cinnamon and pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the water, and simmer on a low fame for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pot with the lid, and cook on medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the puree and blend in a food processor.
- Sieve the puree through a strainer and shift it back to the pot.
- Add the salt, sugar, and bring it to a boil, add the Italian seasoning.
- Break the basil leaves with your hand, and add to the soup.
- Stir it well and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cream, serve hot.