Olive and Walnut Pesto
- 1 cup Black, Green Olives (Pitted)
- ¼ cup fresh Basil leaves
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 1 green Chili
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 inch ginger peeled and chopped
- Put all the ingredients in a small jar of the food processor, and pulse.
- Keep scraping the sides of the jar in between.
- Add a little olive oil to adjust the consistency.
- Blend it to a semi coarse consistency (not very fine).
- Scoop out into an airtight container.
- (This can be used for 4-5 days, if refrigerated).
Serve the pesto with toasted bread, can also be used as a bruschetta topping.
Makes a great filling for sandwiches.