- Wash and soak the chickpeas for 6-8 hours.
- Pressure cook them till they are soft, and cool them completely before use.
- Strain the chickpea and keep the broth aside for using later.
- In a food processor, combine the boiled chickpeas, green chillies, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 cup of the chickpea broth, yoghurt, sesame seeds or tahini and lemon juice. Grind this into a thick paste.
- Taste the paste before scooping it out of the food processor and balance the ingredients as per your requirement.
- Scoop out the paste in a bowl, even it out, drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle red chilli flakes on it.
- The shelf life of the Hummus is a maximum of 3-4 days, if refrigerated.