Eggplant and parsley Caviar
- Cut a 2 inch deep cross in the eggplant at the bottom, and stuff the garlic.
- Rub 2 tbsp. olive oil around the eggplant.
- Slow roast on fire for 15-20 minutes,turning it around at frequent intervals.
- Make sure all sides are roasted. (Alternatively you can roast the eggplant in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes).
- Remove from oven, fire, and cool it on a plate.
- Discard the skin and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Move it into a large mixing bowl. (Strain out the liquid/water, if any).
- Mince the flesh and add the remaining ingredients, mix them well.
- Serve with with breads of your choice or as a filling in wraps or sandwiches.
- Good to use for 2 days if refrigerated.