Burnt Corn and Avocado Salad
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 Corn on the cob, roasted
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Cucumber sliced, cross vertical
- 5-6 Olives, pitted
- 200 gms. mixed Salad greens
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. mixed Italian herbs or pizza seasoning
- Salt as per taste
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisk them well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Wash and spin dry the salad greens.
- Slice out the kernels from the roasted corn cob.
- Chop the avocado into large square chunks and place it in a large salad bowl, add the corn to it.
- Pour half of the salad dressing slowly, tossing the avocado and corn to the dressing , making sure that the avocado will not break or smash.
- In a salad serving platter or bowl, place the salad leaves, add the tomato, olives and cucumber.
- Pour the rest of the dressing over the salad.
- Finally add the avocado and corn.