Baked corn cheese rolls
Category : Appetiser
Serves : 4
Serves : 4
- 250 gms. shelled Corn
- ½ cup finely chopped Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green Onions (only the greens)
- 2 tbsp. grated Cheese
- 2 pods of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green Chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. of crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2tsp. mixed Italian Herbs
- 6 slices of large sandwich Bread
- 3 tbsp. assorted bell Pepper, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Slightly grind the corn in a food processor; making sure that is not turned into a fine paste.
- In a cooking pot, pour the olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, green chili, and cook for 5-6 minutes, gradually add in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Finally, add in the salt, pepper, green onions, Italian herbs and cheese and mix it well.
- Keep aside for cooling.
- Shred the sides of the bread.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the bread into a soft thin layer.
- Place a spoonful of the corn mixture on one end of the bread slice (lengthwise) and slowly roll in the bread
- Use a little water to close the ends of the bread slice.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C.
- Brush the bread rolls with olive oil, and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the desired toasting.