Appam with stew & chutney
- Category: Accompaniments
Appam, with Stew and 3 chutney’s.
A) Appam batter Recipe
- Balance the consistency of the batter, with coconut milk.(Do not add water to make it thin).
- The batter should be of a flowing consistency. (Like Dosa batter).
- Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp. sugar, and 2 tbsp. finely grated coconut.
- Mix all the above ingredients, and the batter is ready to make Appam.
- Pour ½ cup of batter on the appam griddle and cook with 2 tbsp.of coconut oil.
C) Stew Recipe
Ingredients2 Cups of chopped vegetables (medium potatoes, french beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas, onions)
- In a cooking pot, add 3 tbsp. coconut oil, mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, one sliced onion.
- Saute the onions and add the chopped vegetables, one cup of water and simmer until the vegetables soften and cook.
- After 5 mins, add 2 cups of coconut milk and let all the vegetables cook in the milk.
- Check if the consistency of milk is thick, add a little more milk to make it thin.
- Add one tbsp of kashmiri chilli paste and 2 tbsp. turmeric water and salt.
- Serve the appams with the stew and chutneys.